No one can deny the excitement of Christmas dinner—it’s a feast everyone looks forward to each year. However, the pressure of deciding what to cook for your loved ones can really throw off that festive spirit. But fear not, we’re here to solve your mid-day blues. For your Christmas dinner, we suggest cooking up the Holiday Ham. It’s a simple recipe you can make on your own, but still tastes undeniably scrumptious. It’s so delicious we might even cheat and cook it up for a regular dinner! So what are you waiting for? Let’s get it cooking.
You Will Need..
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup honey
- 1 Cup apple cider
- ¼ Cup Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (4-6 lb) spiral cut ham (we suggest naturally smoked)
Here’s how to cook it..
- Firstly, take your medium sauce pan and combine sugar, honey, cider, mustard, paprika and garlic powder. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Then, whisk the ingredients together and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Place ham in a slow cooker and separate slices slightly.
- Pour glaze over ham and place lid in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 4-6 hours, and don’t forget to baste them every hour.
- Serve with glaze on the side.
…ta-da! A festive meal made in the comfort of your own kitchen. This simple recipe will fill up about 8 guests. Here’s a tip—since glazed ham tends to be sweet, we recommend enjoying the dish with dry red wines such as pinot noir, merlot or shiraz. Trust us, this dish will have you as Christmas dinner host of the year.